in

Faces Of Death Remake Finds Its Cast

The upcoming remake of Faces of Death has found its faces, as THR announced today that Barbie Ferreira and Dacre Montgomery have been cast in Legendary Entertainment’s planned remake of the infamous 1978 found footage film.

At this time, it’s unclear what roles Ferreira and Montgomery are set to play.

Ferreira is best known for her role in the HBO drama series Euphoria. Ferreira played the role of Kat Hernandez for two seasons before departing the show. She has since gone on to appear in Jordan Peele’s Nope.

Image of Barbie Ferreira in HBO’s Euphoria

Fans of Stranger Things will recognize Montgomery as antagonist Billy Hargrove. Montgomery first appeared in the second season of the hit Netflix series and has since gone on to portray the character in a total of 19 episodes, including a guest appearance in season 4.  

Image of Dacre Montgomery in Netflix’s Stranger Things

The studio first acquired the rights to Faces of Death back in May of 2021, with Isa Mazzei and Daniel Goldhaber, the team behind the 2018 psychological thriller Cam, set to write and direct the new film.

As previously reported by THR, the plot of this new Faces of Death movie “revolves around a female moderator of a YouTube-like website, whose job is to weed out offensive and violent content and who herself is recovering from a serious trauma, that stumbles across a group that is recreating the murders from the original film. But in the story primed for the digital age and age of online misinformation, the question faced is are the murders real or fake?”

“Faces of Death was one of the first viral video tapes, and we are so lucky to be able to use it as a jumping off point for this exploration of cycles of violence and the way they perpetuate themselves online,” said Mazzei and Goldhaber in a statement.

The original film was written and directed by John Alan Schwartz credited under the pseudonyms of “Conan Le Cilaire” and “Alan Black”.

The film centered around pathologist Francis B. Gröss (Michael Carr), who traveled around the world collecting and showcasing footage of the graphic reality of death close up.  

The footage consisted of a wide range of gruesome imagery that included, a monkey being killed and its brain being eaten, a man being killed by an alligator, depictions of the Holocaust, someone falling to their death after their parachute failed to open, a man being sentenced to death by the electric chair, a cannibalistic cult eating a body, and footage of the horrific aftermath of the crash of PSA Flight 182, among many more disturbing scenes.

It has since been reported that many of the scenes contained within the film were fake, with some reports stating that roughly “40%” of the footage is fake, with the other 60% containing real-life footage.

Due to its graphic nature, Faces of Death was banned in numerous countries, with the film cover proclaiming that it was banned in a total of “46 countries.”

Since its release, the film has gained a cult following and spawned several sequels.

As more information on the remake of Faces of Death becomes available Horror Facts will be sure to report it.

Joey

New Elvira Neca Figures Are Now Available For Pre-Order

The Burning

The Burning: Have you seen this classic movie?