Nostalgic horror hounds are in for a treat this Halloween season with the first-ever Blu-ray release of Kevin J. Lindenmuth’s microbudget feature film Vampires and Other Stereotypes, available on October 24th.
Bursting with zero-budget practical effects and shot entirely on video, Vampires and Other Stereotypes perfectly encapsulates the anything-goes aesthetic of underground microbudget filmmaking.
Check out the trailer below for a taste of the campy, retro horror charm coming to Blu-ray this October.
Chaos engulfs the city as a pair of paranormal investigators are making their nightly rounds on the seedy streets of New York City when they encounter a group of party-hopping girls looking for a warehouse rave – who have also just accidentally opened a portal to hell. What follows is a night of practical effects monster mayhem as the group tries to save themselves, and the entire planet, from a demonic invasion.
Now, thanks to the heroes at Visual Vengeance and Wild Eye Releasing, Vampires and Other Stereotypes is being rescued from analog obscurity and unleashed on Blu-ray and digital platforms for the first time on October 24th.
This gruesome HD transfer comes stuffed with 7 hours of new bonus features for bloodthirsty fans, including commentaries, interviews, behind-the-scenes galleries, and early Super 8 films from Lindenmuth himself.
The limited edition Blu-ray arrives in a slick slipcase and is loaded with physical extras like a fold-out poster, VHS-style stickers, and liner notes from Weng’s Chop.
Below is a complete list of all the special features and bonus materials included in the jam-packed special edition of Vampires and Other Stereotypes.
- Region Free Blu-ray
- New director-supervised SD master from 1-inch tape
- Limited Edition Slipcase – FIRST PRESSING ONLY
- Over 7 Hours of new bonus content
- Commentary with Director Kevin Lindenmuth
- Commentary with Actor Mick McCleery and Director Kevin Lindenmuth
- Commentary with Tony Strauss of Weng’s Chop Magazine
- Director Kevin Lindenmuth Interview
- Actress Laura McLauchlin Interview
- Actor Mick McCleery Interview
- Actress Suzanne Turner Interview
- Actress Sally Narkis Interview
- Makeup Effects Artist Ralis Kahn Interview
- Special Effects Artist Scott Sliger Interview
- Photographer Sung Pak Interview
- Publicist Joe Mauceri Interview
- Behind the Scenes Image Gallery
- Kevin Lindenmuth Early Super 8 Films
- Original Trailer
- Visual Vengeance Trailers
- Six-page liner notes by Tony Strauss of Weng’s Chop Magazine
- ‘Stick your own’ VHS sticker set
- Collectible Folded mini-poster
- Reversible sleeve featuring original VHS art
- Optional English Subtitles
So sink your teeth into this shot-on-video treasure when it hits Blu-ray next month. Made by horror fans, for horror fans, Vampires and Other Stereotypes is an essential treat for lovers of practical effects and zero-budget creature features that revel in their own B-movie spirit. This forgotten fright flick has risen from the VHS graveyard – are you ready to invite it in?